Monday, March 2, 2009

Insight #1: I'm the most boring human being in the world.

During the Vipassana course, I would tell myself the same stories again and again for nine days straight. And those were stories that I had already been telling myself for months before traveling to India. There weren't even that many of them - actually, all were basically variations of the same story. No matter how hard I tried to think of something original, my mind would refuse. And when I got really tired of repeating the same story, I would think of how to tell this story about me being the world's most boring person to you, my dear audience. Dearest friends. I'm afraid that the entertainment value I can provide to you is minuscule. But I really need you to provide input to my uncreative mind. Please?

1 comment:

  1. Creativity flourishes under constraint. I don’t know, it sounds to me that finding new ways of telling the same stories (or meta-stories) is actually what creativity is made of. :)

    ReplyDelete